Client entertainment has changed dramatically as a result of the pandemic. Long gone are the days of extravagant closing dinners, Masters tickets and box seats to the Bon Jovi concert. Despite these changes, one thing remains the same. Clients are the lifeblood of your firm. As your clients continue to work remotely, consider how you can curate a unique home experience to remain top of mind.
Creative Client Entertainment During COVID-19
- Schedule a happy hour with your client and have drinks delivered in advance. There are several great online companies that assemble and deliver great wine, beer and bar snack baskets at every price point.
Go the extra mile: Hire a sommelier to virtually lead the group through a wine tasting.
- If your client is a foodie, consider hiring a local chef for a virtual cooking demo.
Go the extra mile: Have food delivered from the chef’s restaurant that evening or send a celebrity chef cookbook.
- With stress levels higher than ever, send a gift that will help your client relax. An at-home spa package will pamper your clients from the luxury of their own home. Bath soaks, herbal tea, eye pillows and candles will deliver much needed tranquility.
Go the extra mile: Follow up with a gift card to a delivery food service so your client has one less stressor to worry about.
- Grazing boards are all the rage. Send a delicious board to your client. There are many local purveyors that offer creative options, including charcuterie, cheese, brunch cuisine, and candy boards.
Go the extra mile: Putting together an impressive cheese board is more difficult than it appears. Consider setting up a virtual demo for your clients while they munch on their tasty treats.
- Send a curated gift box to your client to show you are thinking of them. From housewarming boxes to baby gifts and coffee breaks to sports-themed boxes.
Go the extra mile: As small businesses struggle more than ever, consider supporting local. Several online companies curate locally-sourced gifts.