Debby Stone coaches senior and emerging leaders in corporations, nonprofit organizations and law firms to build sustainable leadership competence and confidence as well as improve long-term results.
Debby leverages her prior work experiences, her entrepreneurial creativity and her ability to navigate diverse corporate environments to partner with a broad array of leaders facing a wide range of challenges and opportunities. Her results-oriented coaching focuses on helping leaders to:
- Ascertain their strengths and leverage them for continued success
- Develop and hone key leadership and management competencies
- Recognize and overcome leadership challenges
- Enhance their communication skills, confidence and executive presence
- Confidently and comfortably tell their stories and promote themselves
Debby is the founder and CEO of Novateur Partners. In her role, she connects clients with the best-fit coach on the Novateur team, is responsible for running the day-to-day operations of the business and is the company’s ambassador in the coaching and business communities. Prior to founding Novateur Partners in 2002, Debby practiced corporate law for over a decade at a large Atlanta firm and later in her own practice. She has also worked as a management consultant at Bain & Company.
Debby is also an engaging, powerful and practical keynote speaker and workshop leader as well as the author of The Art of Self-Promotion: Tell Your Story, Transform Your Career. Debby’s audiences learn and grow professionally and personally from the practical wisdom she shares – wisdom gathered through her years of experience as an executive coach. Debby’s keynotes, interactive webinars and workshops focus on helping leaders learn and grow so they can better meet the ever-changing challenges of their roles. She speaks at corporations, law firms, business associations, universities and educational conferences.
Debby holds an undergraduate degree from the Duke University Sanford School of Public Policy and a law degree from the Duke University School of Law. She earned her Certification as a Professional Co-Active Coach through the Co-Active Training Institute and holds the credential of Professional Certified Coach from the International Coach Federation.
List of Assessments Certified to Use
- Highlands Ability Battery – Certified Consultant
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator – Certified Practitioner
- Hogan Assessment – Certified
- Center for Creative Leadership – 360 Benchmarks Assessment Certified
- CFO of global travel and hospitality company to create a stronger leadership voice and presence and to work more effectively through others
- CEO/Founder of $5bn wealth management firm to prepare future company leaders and tell his organization’s story more effectively in the marketplace
- Executive Director of Non-Profit to develop executive presence, improve ability to promote the organization and its story and to build vital partnership and ally relationships
- Multiple leaders in the retail brokerage, institutional capital markets, and investment banking subsidiary of national wealth management company to improve internal and external communication skills, develop team members and better manage growing client base
- General Counsel of Fortune 500 company to strengthen confidence and better communicate his value to the company’s leaders and stakeholders
- Newly named CFO of hospital system as she assimilated into the role, developed her executive presence and honed her internal network
- General Counsel of financial services company to sharpen leadership presence, improve collaboration with key stakeholders and maximize scarce human resources
- CFO of wealth management company to contribute more to the executive leadership team and to lead his team through a period of rapid growth
- VP and Associate General Counsel at regional energy company to improve leadership confidence and competence, communication with C-level executives, professional presence, management and listening skills
- Multiple women leaders at global management consulting firm to develop their career strategies, tell their stories more powerfully and create effective internal networks
- Regional President of national retail chain to assimilate into her role and manage organizational change
- Office Managing Partner in national law firm to be more entrepreneurial in his practice development and to better balance his practice with the demands of firm management
- Partner in global law firm in transition from senior associate to partner, building her internal network and presence as a firm leader
- SVP of international real estate investment company to improve delegation skills and team building
- Senior HR leader in a national digital marketing and software company to build competency as leader of leaders, enhance communication with stakeholders, and improve executive presence
- Executive Director with global pharmaceutical company to build succession strategy and improve transparency in team leadership
Debby Stone is an incredibly effective coach. My sessions with Debby were eye-opening. She was able to help me gain a clear definition to both my career and life goals and needs. A year and a half after my last coaching session, the insights and lessons I gained with Debby still resonate.
Debby’s coaching, especially through the most difficult situation in my career to date, was key to helping me discover my true thoughts on my value and my strengths. The tools and thought processes she provided were extremely helpful.
“Working with Debby has been invaluable! I went into coaching not entirely sure what the process would look like and have come out with stronger professional relationships and feeling less stuck in my current role. Debby’s coaching really helped me unlock what my priorities were, how I could focus on what my real goals are for my career and how to serve them within the corporate framework.”
I worked with Debby as a senior associate in a big law firm during the pivotal year in which I was up for promotion. She guided me on specific issues of managing up and managing down and worked with me on both a written and oral promotion statement, providing invaluable input on how I told my story and helping me confidently achieve the desired result. I have already recommended her to several colleagues!