Steve’s focus is on working with lawyers of all levels on issues such as career development, career transition, self-promotion and assimilation/integration. Clients who work with Steve appreciate his combination of business experience and his deep understanding of the legal marketplace. Steve helps his clients to consistently plan and execute on their goals and as a result they see success. He has successfully completed over 100 coaching engagements with lawyers over a ten-year period including partners, counsel, of counsel and associates.
Steve is also a highly experienced and successful attorney search consultant, having recruited and placed lawyers for over 20 years. Prior to coaching and recruiting, Steve practiced corporate and intellectual property law in Tampa and Atlanta. He is a member of the Georgia and Florida Bars.
Steve received his undergraduate degree from Florida State University and his JD from Stetson University College of Law. He received his CPCC designation (Certified Professional Co-Active Coach) from the Co-Active Training Institute and holds the ACC designation (Associate Certified Coach) through the International Coach Federation.
Business Development Coaching
- Partner at Am Law 100 firm to cultivate internal firm network and identify cross-selling opportunities, resulting in more than $250,000 in new business
- Service partner at Am Law 100 firm to transform into multimillion-dollar rainmaker by redefining sales process, developing a deeper understanding of client base, and refining value proposition
- Partner at boutique firm to identify, prioritize, and leverage network to deliver two new clients in first year of coaching
- Senior Associate at Am Law 100 firm to develop business development plan and sharpen marketing skills to grow book of business in order to become a partner
- Partner at boutique firm to refine brand and improve self-promotion in order to increase visibility in the industry
Time Management Coaching
- Associate at boutique law firm to develop strategies to more efficiently manage time, resulting in greater productivity
- Administrative professional at Am Law 200 firm on how to assess deadlines and manage expectations of supervisor
- Associate at Big Four accounting firm to develop best practices to refine his communication skills, incorporate feedback, and manage his workload resulting in greater productivity
- Associate at Am Law 100 firm to assess, organize and prioritize caseload, resulting in greater efficiency and more streamlined approach to work
My coaching engagement with Steve was instrumental in helping me to transition my career. As a practicing lawyer considering alternative career paths, I didn’t know where to start. Working with Steve opened up a world of possibilities so that I was able to effectively consider my options. Through coaching, I also gained the confidence to take advantage of those options and learned how to promote myself in a compelling way. I now find myself in a truly fulfilling position that aligns who I am and one that honors my values. I highly recommend Steve to anyone who is seeking a truly committed and engaging coach.
AmLaw 50 Corporate Attorney in Transition