Steve’s focus is on working with lawyers of all levels on issues such as career development, career transition, self-promotion and assimilation/integration. Clients who work with Steve appreciate his combination of business experience and his deep understanding of the legal marketplace. Steve helps his clients to consistently plan and execute on their goals and as a result they see success. He has successfully completed over 100 coaching engagements with lawyers over a ten-year period including partners, counsel, of counsel and associates.
Steve is also a highly experienced and successful attorney search consultant, having recruited and placed lawyers for over 20 years. Prior to coaching and recruiting, Steve practiced corporate and intellectual property law in Tampa and Atlanta. He is a member of the Georgia and Florida Bars.
Steve received his undergraduate degree from Florida State University and his JD from Stetson University College of Law. He received his CPCC designation (Certified Professional Co-Active Coach) from the Co-Active Training Institute and holds the ACC designation (Associate Certified Coach) through the International Coach Federation.
- Senior corporate/privacy attorney looking to transition from a law firm to in-house
- Law firm attorney seeking to leave the practice of law and move into business development in the alternative legal services industry
- In-house attorney seeking to return to private practice
- Senior Law Firm attorney seeking to transition to an in-house role with a school of higher education
- Senior Attorney at litigation boutique to shift practice and find new role in government.
- Lawyer at AmLaw50 firm to find new role as in-house corporate counsel.
- Partner at AmLaw100 firm to transition practice to a new platform that better fit his practice’s economics.
- Lawyer at AmLaw50 firm to transition from a litigation practice to a transactions based practice
My coaching engagement with Steve was instrumental in helping me to transition my career. As a practicing lawyer considering alternative career paths, I didn’t know where to start. Working with Steve opened up a world of possibilities so that I was able to effectively consider my options. Through coaching, I also gained the confidence to take advantage of those options and learned how to promote myself in a compelling way. I now find myself in a truly fulfilling position that aligns who I am and one that honors my values. I highly recommend Steve to anyone who is seeking a truly committed and engaging coach.
AmLaw 50 Corporate Attorney in Transition