Greg Riggs works principally with senior leaders in law, business, and higher education. His executive coaching practice is geared toward high performers striving to bring their full potential to their leadership roles. From his own C-Suite experience, Greg knows that management textbooks don’t provide all the answers. Leadership is especially challenging for professionals who are often tapped on the shoulder and asked to become effective leaders overnight. Most General Counsels, Managing Partners, and university Deans are driving to reach their zone of optimal performance. They aim to be highly creative and effective, but the challenges they face are often daunting, and the pathways to success are rarely clear. Greg works closely with his clients to leverage their natural talents and values and develop strategies to flourish as both managers and leaders.
The experience that Greg brings to his clients is, simply stated, extraordinary. Trained as a lawyer and litigator, Greg rose from in-house lawyer for Delta Air Lines to the C-Suite position of Senior Vice President – General Counsel & Chief Corporate Affairs Officer. He managed Delta’s worldwide legal affairs, oversaw Corporate Communications, Government Affairs, and Public Affairs, and was named the Company’s Chief Ethics and Compliance Officer by the Board. Following his distinguished corporate career, Greg accepted appointment as Associate Dean at Emory Law School where he devoted his attention to the professional development of lawyers and leaders. With support of the Dean, key faculty and alumni, he founded the Center for Professional Development with innovative programs to help students discern their career paths and prepare for success in a demanding profession. His professional development work at Emory sparked his interest in Executive Coaching which has been his central professional focus since 2014.
Greg has an M.A. from Oxford University, a J.D. from Emory University School of Law, and a B.A. from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. He received his formal executive coach training and certification at Columbia University’s year-long Coaching Certification Program.
List of Assessments Certified to Use
- The Birkman Method – Certified
- EQi-2.0 – Certified
- The Hogan Assessment — Certified
- Law school Dean, to develop an over-arching vision and mission for their Deanship, establish a disciplined planning process, and implement procedures for tracking and accountability
- General Counsel, to enhance executive presence, influence, and effectiveness with CEO, Board of Directors, and senior-executive colleagues.
- Law Firm Managing Partner, to transition from practitioner to Managing Partner and senior leader of the firm
- Law Firm Senior Partner and Practice Group Leader to enhance skills and effectiveness in managing junior partners, associates, and paralegals and build team cohesion and positive dynamics.
- University Vice President to develop a strategic plan for their unit, strengthen relationships with Board and key constituents, and enhance communications skills
- Deputy Executive Director of non-profit organization to develop the presence, confidence, vision, and management skills to assume Executive Director position
Greg is magic. I somehow walk away from our coaching sessions with high clarity and confidence that I am doing the right thing.
My coaching engagement with Greg helped me become a much more intentional, strategic, inspiring, and authentic leader.
Greg has been my coach for the last three years, and I recommend him as highly as possible. I only wish I had started working with Greg earlier.